Sun-kissed during summer, glowing during winter.
We’ll have you bronzed up in a manner of minutes!
We use a revolutionary professional tanning range developed in New Zealand, using only the most natural and, or organic ingredients. It’s paraben free, 100% cruelty free and vegan.
The tan lasts around 7 days depending on your skin and how well you care for it. The process is completely safe, UV free – though please be aware that the spray tan solution has no sun protection in it.
Activation time: 2-8hr Depending on your chosen colour. Your therapist will explain this.
Please read over our website to ensure you are well prepped for the best tan!
|YOUR 8th TAN||
Pay for 7, receive 8th FREE.
Other free tans do not count toward your 7 sessions.
|BRING A FRIEND||
Appointments must be booked for the same time slot.
If bringing more than one friend, please call us.
$ 30 ea
- DO hydrate your skin from the inside (drinking water) and outside (soaking & using good skin care). The more hydrated your skin, the longer your tan will last. (Learn how here..)
- DO exfoliate your body well, paying close attention to your feet, knees and elbows. Scrub well, but GENTLY to ensure an even tan. Use exfoliating mitts or gloves, or a body brush. Make sure you especially remove hard skin from your feet. Doing this about 8-12 hours, or the night before a tan is best.
- DO shave at least 8 hours, or wax at least 24 hours, before your spray tan.
- BE AWARE as some medications (including recreational drugs) influence the skin, some will also react with the spray tan solution preventing your tan from being even. Ask the pharmacists at Waimauku Pharmacy downstairs, or let us know in advance and we can do it for you.
- DO take a look through our FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions page, and let us know if you have any other questions before you come in for your tanning session.
- DO NOT shower right before your appointment. Spray tanning doesn’t work well on hot or damp skin. Also, your skins natural oils have been ‘washed off’ too close to your tan application.
- DO NOT moisturise, use perfumes, heavy moisturising soaps, bar soap and shaving products. The residual oils can make the tan blotchy and uneven.
- DO NOT wear deodorant for the reasons above. Also some deodorant creams or sprays can react with the spray tan solution.
- DO bring dark, loose fitting clothes to wear AFTER the spray tan. Tight clothing may rub the new tan making it uneven. Also, bring jandals or easy fitting slip-on shoes. A sarong, wrap or maxi dress is a great idea.
- DO bring an umbrella or long (loose) sleeved clothing in case it rains on your way out – you don’t want to splash your new tan and cause it to go patchy!
- DO bring snug fitting, dark or old undergarments IF you wish to wear something during your spray tan. These covered areas will not be tanned. You can tan in the nude if you wish. We can also supply a disposable g-string and a hair cap – but bring your own hair ties & clips!
- DO take off all jewellery and watch BEFORE your spray tan.
Also known as hand-spray or gun-spray.
When you arrive, you will go through a consultation with your therapist – we will explain the process.
Generally, you will strip down to whatever you are comfortable in, based on whether you want tan lines or not. This could be completely nude, topless with a disposable g-string or bikini, old or dark underwear. We will also talk to you about your skin so we can ensure you will get the best results possible – please let us know if you are on any medications (including recreational drugs), as some may react with or prevent the tan from being even.
Once dressed, you’ll stand in our tent or booth and start with your back facing us. As we go, we’ll let you know what to do, when to turn and where to put your arms and legs. We’ll spray a light and even coat of tan all over, then dry you off again.
You’ll see the bronzer immediately. This is not what your tan will look like at the end! The bronzer is so we can see where the DHA (colourless) has been applied.
Once dry, we’ll leave you to put your dark loose clothes back on, and you can then report to reception to complete your appointment and receive your free spray-tanning card. It’s like a coffee card to be signed off with each tan.
Pay for seven; get your eighth tan for FREE!
How long do you leave it before you can shower?
- Your therapist will give you a recommendation based on the tanning solution chosen for you and your skin type. Generally between 2-8 hrs.
During the activation time, immediately AFTER your tan
- AVOID showering or allowing water to splash on your skin.
- AVOID rain. If it looks like rain bring an umbrella.
- AVOID exercise or excessive sweating.
- AVOID touching or rubbing the tan in any way.
- AVOID applying perfume, make up or deodorant. In fact, applying anything at all to your skin.
- We don’t recommend sleeping in your tan. Wash it off after the recommended time frame.
- When you do have a shower: use warm (not hot!) water, and rinse your skin until the water runs clear. Don’t scrub or lather up in soap, use your hands or ask your therapist for a disposable cloth before you go.
- Pat dry, then moisturise. It’s also best if you DON’T shampoo your hair for the first shower – if you must, try to avoid shampoo running down your skin/back.
To maintain your new tan
- For maximum colour extension, APPLY a tan extender daily, and/or moisturiser at least once (preferably twice) a day.
- AVOID heavy exercise that causes excessive perspiration.
- AVOID long baths and showers, or excessively hot water. Avoid jacuzzis and pools, the chlorine will bleach out the tan faster than it would fade normally (7-10 days).
- After your showers or baths, PAT rather than rub, your body dry.
- Extra tip: The more hydrated your skin, the longer your tan will last. Hydrate from the inside (drink water!) and the outside (skin soaking!)
Contact your therapist with any questions.